How to use Configuration Split Module to Split Configurations in Drupal 8
The configuration Split module allows users to define sets of configuration that will get exported to separate directories when exporting and get merged together when importing.
- Drupal split module depends on Config Filter for the integration with the import/export pipeline of the Drupal UI and drush.
- It is possible to define in settings.php which of these sets should be active and considered for the export and import
Here are a few things that are considered configuration:
Configuration split exposes a configuration entity which controls what you want to split off. Currently, you can
- Blacklist modules: Any configuration that this drupal split module owns will automatically be blacklisted too.
- Blacklist configuration: settings or configuration entities. These will be removed from the activesync directory.
- Download and Enable Drupal configuration split module :- drush en config_split -y
- Go to configuration -> Configuration Split settings
- Click on 'Add configuration split'. Naming is important, so we'll enter 'Dev split' as the name for this configuration. We'll also create a directory called 'sync-dev-split'. (where the config file will go from activesync directory)
- Select Module’s from which configuration file (yml files ) will get split into another folder in root directory of your module .
- There is an status Option which should be active (Checked)
3. Doing exports and imports on dev or live .
From now on, if you want to import new settings whether it's on your dev or live environment, you can not use the drush core commands anymore. Use following commands: Go to Terminal
A) Export your configuration in other folder
- drush csex dev_split
- Y/N option will be there =>Y
- List of yml files => ls sync-dev-split
- # to export on your dev environment -> @dev:/home/drupal/drupal-core$ drush csex dev_split
- # to export on your live environment -> @live:/home/drupal/drupal-core$ drush csex live_split
B) Import Your configuration
- In local -> drush csim dev_split
- In dev site - drush @pantheon.config-split.dev csim dev_split
- # to import on your dev environment -> @dev:/home/drupal/drupal-core$ drush csim dev_split
- # to import on your live environment -> @live:/home/drupal/drupal-core$ drush csim live_split
C) You can directly Import your Configuration
Go to Configuration-> Configuration Synchronization - If you have added multiple split config settings, then it will be shown like this in Configuration Synchronization
There you can see Multiple Split configuration option like dev split & live Split
If you want to use “Dev split” go to your settings.php file
- $config['config_split.config_split.dev_split']['status']= TRUE;
- $config['config_split.config_split.live_split']['status']= False;
- $config['config_split.config_split.test_split']['status']= False;