Intent to build a new-age digital experience platform for their employees, the client wanted the most user-friendly content creation and device friendly consumption platform for their employees. Valuebound and the client’s IT team decided to start the journey by getting the global team’s feedback, understanding their diverse employee’s needs, and content governance requirements.
- Project Duration: Ongoing Project from 2 Years
- Team Size: 1- 5 Members
- Team Structure: Drupal Developers, and Drupal Architects.
Client's business operating in siloes
One of the arms of digital transformation is people transformation as well. The roadblock of the challenge we had was client’s business units operating in silos, and to create a unified experience for all BUs was a huge task.
As part of the transformation, one of the things which was to be taken care of was cost optimization. This was one of the primary drivers along with the inability of legacy product for customization. The core challenges that needed to be addressed immediately were information architecture, and performance management.
The client on-boarded Valuebound because of our proven track record as CMS experts. The client entrusted us to be a part of the solution in the product engineering team. The client expected Drupal decoupled architecture for an enhanced employee experience for their Intranet solution, Source. Their major need was agility, and creating the same set of features which created integrated experience across all their business units.
‘Source’ replaced the legacy platform for information management
Source is the employee engagement and information management solution for the client, a replacement of a legacy product that is primarily acceptable and recognized in organizations as storage system and document manager. Valuebound’s team of Drupal architects, developers and project manager worked closely with the client to add new features for creating a unified employee experience, information management, and content management across business units.
We adopted a hybrid delivery model, wherein planning and budgeting of the project was done in a waterfall method. However, design development, testing and delivery followed the iterative agile methodology. Pandemic posted an unfathomable challenge of remote delivery and operations. Team was upto to the challenge and demonstrated the right behaviours of resilience and adaptability to change.
What did we do?
- Enhanced employee experience by offering content creation and management through Drupal at the backend, and Angular at the frontend.
- Simplified the need for personalized content for each business unit.
- Information management where each BU ensures that information remains updated. The information source is accessible for internal employees.
- The Source content includes policies, document management & content personalization.
- The microservices we deployed for the Source project provide search capability, real-time notifications, content indexing, chat integrations, cookie management, and easy content configuration.
- Our enhancements offer a holistic employee experience to the client.
- Valuebound has offered agility to the Source project by offering enhancements and key changes to the existing project.
- Coveo for Search
- Microsoft Active Directory for User Management
- Genesys Chat
- OneTrust for Cookie Management
- Workspace ONE for Authentication
Employee engagement can bring in the emotional connect of employees to the firm. It tends to motivate employees to work towards company’s goals like their own and bring in a positive workplace culture without forced efforts. There can be no customer experience without a compelling employee experience. Organizations can drive a compelling EX if they can execute on following points-
Agility for success- Reaching out to employees with the right platform, right content, and in the right context is a must.
Digital and Physical World Connection- Orchestrating a digital experience for employees across multiple channels fuels employee delight.
Using content for engagement- Strategic content creation and management can help employees in remaining engaged within the firm.
Our client, an American cloud computing and virtualization technology company headquartered in California, faced a lack of compelling employee experience at the nucleus of its problem. The client was using a legacy product, a web-based collaborative platform that integrates with various productivity tools, which couldn’t complement the required changes.
Our Success and Achievements
- Gives employees consumer like experience at work
- Exponentially Increasing employee productivity and engagement
- Valuebound- Source Team came in the spotlight for World’s 10 Best Intranet Award- ‘The Nielsen Norman Best Intranet Award 2021’.